Low Voltage Installer IT Field Service Technician
Entry Level Low Voltage Installer IT Field Service Technician position will perform the onsite implementation of various Cable Installation and Repair work as well as IT related activities such as Moves-Adds-Changes, Network Infrastructure Installations and other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
- Install, Terminate, Test and Repair Category 5, Category 6, Category 7, Fiber and other cable types.
- Installation of various cable support structures including cable raceways, J-hooks, conduit, inner duct and other related components.
- Perform installation and service of Computer or IT related Equipment per customer specifications and according to local guidelines.
- Testing and certification of Computers, IT Equipment, Cabling, and other IT related equipment.
- Troubleshooting and repair issues with network communications.
- Transport necessary items (e.g. tools, equipment, supplies, etc.) to ensure the availability of materials requires for the client site.
- Able and willing to do extensive travel away from candidate’s home market.
- Manage materials inventory.
- Effectively read and understand prints and layouts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (required).
Qualifications and Skills
- Valid Driver’s License with safe driving record (required).
- 1+ years of experience installing/terminating category 5e, 6, or 7 and fiber optic cabling and/or installing and programming telephone systems and network switches.
- Acceptable background check.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Comprehension of the terminology pertaining to installation and service of cabling infrastructure.
- Working knowledge of industry standard network cabling specifications and local electric code.
- Commitment to abiding by OSHA and all other safety standards and procedures.
- Ability to read blueprints, architectural, mechanical and electrical documents.
- Proficient communication skills with the ability to effectively relay information to the client as well as Project Manager and Coordinator.
- Ability to prioritize and efficiently manage time and tasks.
- Ability to work in heights, with ladders, lifts and lift up to 75 lbs.
- Must be able to gain entry to restricted access areas
- Ability to identify colors and knowledge of electrical color codes.
- Willingness and ability to travel and work odd hours is necessary.
This position will operate at customer job sites in a variety of indoor and outdoor environments and will be exposed to inclement weather. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. The position requires the willingness to travel.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by a technician to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the technician may frequently lift or exert force equivalent to lifting, up to approximately 75 pounds and may occasionally lift or exert force equivalent to lifting, up to 100 pounds. The technician will be required to climb ladders, fit into crawlspaces, and attics as well as being required to stand and walk.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain every duty or responsibility the associate may be asked to perform. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.